OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of your personal information by complying with applicable laws. We are equally committed to ensuring that all our employees and agents uphold these obligations.
TRANSPARENCY/NOTICE: WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW WE USE IT
The types of personal information we may collect (directly from you or from third party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with us and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that we may collect personal information include:
- You may provide personal information directly to us through interacting with the products and services, and requesting services or information.
- As you navigate the services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of processing.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account, responding to surveys, requesting services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
o Online Purchases. If you place an order with HUAMI, we will record the personal information and details associated with the transaction. For example, we will collect the items you purchase, your billing and shipping address, and payment information. Any payments made via the Services are processed by third-party payment processors. HUAMI does not directly collect or store any payment card information provided to the Services, but it may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
o Communications with Us. We may collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our services, register for our newsletter or a loyalty program that we may offer from time to time, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
o Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our websites, products, services or other methods of analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the services, and other actions taken through use of the services such as preferences.
- Specific Information Collected Through Our Products and Services. We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):
o Information about you: We may collect and use features such as logging into your account using your credentials from your Xiao Mi, Wechat, Google or Facebook accounts (with your approval), avatars, social media status you choose to share, nicknames, time zones, languages, and regions.
o Personal Body Information: When you activate Activity Tracker App, we need you to provide your birthday and your height, weight, and gender. See below for information on minors.
o Information Recorded by your Device: When you use the Activity Tracker App to synchronize device data, personal data is recorded, including but not limited to: activity information, sleep, heart rate, weight, pace, speed, altitude, stride frequency, stride length, calories, swimming strokes, stroke length, movement track, and detailed data of each sport item.
o Caller Information: If you give us your permission to access your contact information for incoming calls, SMS or other text messages, your phone calls, SMS, and messages can push from a third party app (like WeChat) to your bundled devices, but the Activity Tracker App will not save any of your contacts and other related information.
o Network Usage Information: We may collect network types, network signals, and other similar information related to certain features of the Activity Tracker App.
o Location Information: When you use location-based program services or features, the device may collect your location information such as your city or GPS information.
o Log Information: When you visit the Activity Tracker App server, our server will automatically record some log information, including but not limited to: IP address, browser type, browser language, refer source page, operating system, date / time stamp, and clickstream data.
o Device Information: When you use Activity Tracker App to connect a hardware device such as an Amazfit Pace Watch, we may obtain the following, including, but not limited to, the device's unique identifier such as MAC address, serial number, firmware version, and the operating system version of your mobile phone brand model. The collection may also apply to your updated system or software and factory settings. The device model and system version number of your HUAMI device may be collected when using a particular service.
o Crash Information: When you choose to upload debug logs to help us analyze the problem, your application debug log file will be sent to the server.
o Information from Friends: The device may allow you to add your friends through the friends functionality. After receiving permission from your friends, we may collect the connecting relationship with your friends, and the activity and sleep records of your friends.
o Other Information: We may also collect other types of information which is not directly or indirectly linked to an individual and which is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified.
o Information Submitted via Services. When you use various functionalities of Activity Tracker App, you may submit certain information, such as a reminder setting or tags for your activity. You agree that we are free to use the content of any communications submitted by you, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or services. We will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
HOW THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. HUAMI may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
o Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our goods and/or services to you, including after-sales and customer support and for services on your device.
o Communicating with you about your device, service or any general queries or other requests and comments, such as updates, customer inquiry support, information about our events, notices.
o Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our products and services;
o Allowing you to post comments in public forums.
o Conducting promotional activities, such as sweepstakes and Facebook events.
o Analyzing and developing statistical information on the use of our products and services to better improve our products and services.
o Optimizing the performance of your device.
o Storing and maintaining information about you for our business operations or legal obligations.
o Providing local services without communicating with our servers.
- Administrative Purposes. We may use Personal Information about you for administrative purposes, including to:
o Measure interest in our services;
o Develop new products and services;
o Ensure internal quality control;
o Verify your identity;
o Communicate about accounts and activities on our services and systems, and, in our discretion, changes to any of our policies;
o Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
o Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
o Enforce our Terms.
Marketing Our Products and Services.We may use personal information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and services that may be of interest, including new content or services. We may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
o To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
o To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
o To provide services to you and our sponsors;
o For other purposes disclosed at the time that individuals provide personal information; or
o Otherwise with your consent.
- Research and Development.We may use personal information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and services or develop new products and we may share these statistics with the public or third parties in order to present the preference and trend analysis.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues.Our services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we allow you to provide information about or to your friends through our products and services. Our products and services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague.
- Specific Ways Personal Information is Used in Products and Services.Here are more details on how we use your information (which may include personal information):
o Setting up your account for Activity Tracker App. Personal information collected when creating a Huami account through our Activity Tracker App is used for creating the personal Huami account and profile page for the user.
o Calculate exercise results. Personal body information are used to accurately calculate the exercise result information.
o Providing Activity Tracker App services. When you connect certain devices with Activity Tracker App, the information collected through the device will be shown to user.
o To display caller information. When you receive a call, text messages, caller information will display on the device.
o To determine whether the phone is supported. Phone information will be used to determine if your device can use Activity Tracker App.
o Providing network related services. We use network types, network signals, etc. to prompts the user to download updates in different network environments.
o Providing location based services. In the course of using Activity Tracker App services, location information used to record the position in motion. For example, when you use the running track information recorded by the Activity Tracker App running function, using location optimization weather function or request map information, your location information may be sent back to us so that we will provide you with the right content.
o Optimize service. Log information is used to improve the quality of service.
o Providing management devices. This information provides the ability to manage the bundled devices.
o Improve software stability. Collect crash logs for analyzing software quality to provide better service.
o Improve device stability. We may use the information to improve the bundled devices.
- De-identified, Anonymous and/or Aggregated Information Use. We may use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified, anonymized and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the mobile phone or device from which you access activity tracker App, or other analyses we create. De-identified, anonymized and/or aggregated information is not personal information, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
- Providing location based services. In the course of using our services, location information may also be used by us or Third Party Service Providers to serve you the correct version of the service and provide accurate details about that location for the best possible user experience, e.g. weather details, location access (as part of the Android platform). You may turn this off at any time by going into the device settings or discontinue use of that application.
- Improving user experience. Some opt-in features allow us or our third party partners to analyze data about how users use the Huami Products and services, so as to improve the user experience, such as sending crash reports.
- Sending notices. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We may use your email address, Account ID to provide marketing materials to you relating to goods and services of HUAMI companies and our business partners which offer network, mobile applications and cloud products and services. We will only so use your personal data after we obtain your prior explicit consent and involve a clear affirmative action or indication of no objection in accordance with local data protection laws, which may require separate explicit consent. You have the right to opt out of our proposed use of your personal data for direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive certain types of email communication you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. We will not transfer your personal data to our business partners for use by our business partners in direct marketing.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- What information is collected and how we use them: Technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts are used by HUAMI and our Third Party Service Providers. These Technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the website may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the website that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use analytics services to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any personal information. To opt out from analytics partners, please see the information listed below.
- Log Files: As true of most websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
- Advertising: We partner with our Third Party Service Providers to display advertising and manage our advertising on other sites. Our Third Party Service Provider may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt out through the third party sites as described below.
- Mobile Analytics: Within some of our mobile applications, we use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where crashes occur within the application. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
- Local Storage – HTML5/Flash: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our websites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 or Flash cookies to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tool for removing HTML5 LSOs.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our websites or on third party websites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt out of the Technologies we employ on our websites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS AND SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KITS
Our website may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our website, products or other services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and we do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or social media platforms. We may use third party APIs and/or software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our products and services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties (including advertisers) to collect your personal information to provide services and content that is more relevant to you.
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which you interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Our services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The website and our other services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our website or other services. You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information on occasion to third parties (as described below) in order to provide the products or services that you have requested.
ONWARD TRANSFER: SHARING WITH OUR GROUP, THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHERS
Our Third Party Service Providers include, without limitation, our mailing houses, delivery service providers, telecommunications companies, data centers, data storage facilities, customer service providers, advertising and marketing service providers. Such Third Party Service Providers will be processing your personal information on HUAMI’s behalf or for one or more of the purposes listed herein.
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers.We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) customer service activities; and (iv) in connection with the provision of the products, services and website We have executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing personal information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners/Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. We may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with us. We require our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of personal information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which we provided them.
- Displaying to Other Users. The content you post may be displayed through the products and services or on social media. Other users may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Advertising – Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing. Our advertising partners may deliver targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-HUAMI related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising. If you prefer that we do not share your personal information with third party advertising partners, you may opt out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce our policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to us; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Sharing with other companies in the Mi Ecosystem. HUAMI may disclose your personal data to Xiaomi or other Mi Ecosystem companies so as to provide you with and improve the exciting products and services (both hardware and software) from the Mi Ecosystem. The Mi Ecosystem companies are independent entities, invested and incubated by Xiaomi, and are experts in their fields. Some of these products and services will still be under Xiaomi / Mijia / Mitu brands, while others may use our own brand.
HUAMI’S SECURITY MEASURES
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure, and we will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable administrative, technical and physical controls and procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from your using of HUAMI products and services and on HUAMI websites. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
For example, when you access your Mi Account, you can choose to use our two-step verification process for better security. When you send or receive data from your HUAMI device to our servers, we make sure they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") and other algorithms.
All your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We classify your data based on importance and sensitivity, and ensure that your personal information has the highest security level. We make sure that our employees and Third Party Service Providers who access the information to help provide you with our products and services are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet such obligations. We have special access controls for cloud based data storage as well. All in all, we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against any unauthorized access and use.
By using our products and services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the website or through the product or service and/or by sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
You can play your part in safeguarding your personal information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody unless such person is duly authorized by you. Whenever you log in as a Mi Account user on HUAMI websites, particularly on somebody else's computer or on public Internet terminals, you should always log out at the end of your session.
HUAMI cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
OPT-OUT (RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING)
HUAMI may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications with version updatesand other notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. HUAMI may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
As noted herein, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or www.youronlinechoices.eu and www.aboutads.info/choices/.
ACCESSING OTHER FEATURES ON YOUR DEVICE
Our applications may need access to certain features on your device such as Wi-Fi network status. This information is used to allow the applications to run on your device and allow you to interact with the applications. At any time you may revoke your permissions by turning these off at the device level or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTROLLING SETTINGS FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
HUAMI recognizes that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples of ways HUAMI makes available for you to choose to restrict the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal information and control your privacy settings:
- Log in and out of the HUAMI Account;
- Toggle on/off for other services and functionalities which deal with sensitive or personal information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the abovementioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time through your device or privacy settings as described above. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
If further processing is for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes according to the applicable laws, the data can be further retained by Huami even if the further processing is incompatible with original purposes in certain jurisdictions.
ACCESS, UPDATING, CORRECTING OR ERASURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any other personal information that you have provided that we hold about you. When you update your personal information, you will be asked to verify your identity before we proceed with your request. Once we obtain sufficient information to accommodate your request for access to or correction of your personal information, we shall respond to your request within a reasonable period of time, but not longer than any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws.
If we can verify your identity, a copy of your personal data collected and processed by us will be provided to you upon your request free of charge.
If you would like to request access to your personal data held by us or if you believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details relating to the personal information in your Mi Account, you may also access and change them at http://account.mi.com or by logging into your account on your device.
Although HUAMI makes good faith efforts to provide individuals with access to their personal information, there may be circumstances in which HUAMI is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where we cannot verify your identity, the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary, subject to applicable law. If HUAMI determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, HUAMI will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
If you have previously provided us consent to use your personal information, you may withdraw your consent by submitting a request. This may be done by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We will process your request once we have verified your identity and within a reasonable time from when the request was made, subject to applicable law.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF YOUR JURISDICTION
To the extent that we may need to transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether to our affiliated companies (which are in the communications, social media, information technology, and cloud businesses) or Third Party Service Providers, we shall do so in accordance with the applicable laws. In particular, we will ensure that all transfers will be in accordance with requirements under your applicable local data protection laws by putting in place appropriate safeguards. You will have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards taken by HUAMI for this transfer of your personal information.
Our products and services are not directed to children under 16 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 13) years of age. If you are under the age of 16 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 13), you must have your parent’s permission to access the products and services. HUAMI urges parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without parental permission, when online.
HUAMI does not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal information from minors. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided HUAMI with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal information is removed and the minor unsubscribes from any of the applicable HUAMI services. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 16 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 13) and we do not obtain permission from a parent, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the minor’s account.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Shine the Light law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. HUAMI does not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Personal Information We Collect & Share Under the CCPA
We adopt this section to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
We collect personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household as described both above (in detail) and below. Personal information does not include: publicly available information from government records; de-identified or aggregated consumer information; or information excluded from the CCPA.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
To exercise your privacy rights as described above. please submit a verifiable consumer request to our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only you, or a person who you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
You may also opt out of the sharing or “sale” of Personal Information by clicking the “Do Not Sell My Info” link consistent with applicable law. While there are many positive aspects of the CCPA, California’s definition of “sale” includes transfers such as sharing information between affiliated companies that ordinarily may not be thought of as a “sale” in the traditional sense of the word such as serving you an ad about a new product or sharing your information with WeChat, Facebook or Mi Fit to login or use social features.
The table lists the categories of personal information we have collected from California consumers and disclosed for a business purpose or as part of a sale within the last twelve (12) months.
CCPA Categories of Personal Information Collected:
For a business purpose
As part of a “sale”
Identifiers such as alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name or other similar identifiers.
Personal information categories described in the California Customer Records statute.
Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Biometric Info such as an individual’s physiological, biological, or behavioral characteristics, that can be used, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying data, to establish individual identity. Biometric information includes, but is not limited to, heart rate, pace and health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.
Internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing history, search history and information regarding a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Geolocation such as physical location or movements.
Inferences drawn from other personal information such as inferences drawn from the information identified above to create a profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
CATEGORIES OF SOURCES
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the categories of sources such as: you and your devices; our business partners or their agents; our website, applications, devices and services; and from third-parties that interact with us in connection with our products and services.
- We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us;
- As described to you when your personal information is collected, as directed by you or as otherwise permitted under the CCPA or applicable law; and/or
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties: our affiliates; advertising networks; Internet service providers; data analytics providers; government entities; operating systems and platforms; social networks; service providers such as entities who provide: IT and related services; information you have requested; customer service activities; and our products and services; and/or third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
THIRD PARTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OUR APPROACH TO MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER GDPR
If you are a European Union user under GDPR, HUAMI will provide a systematic approach to managing personal information through our people, management processes and information systems by applying a risk management methodology. According to the GDPR, for instance, (1) HUAMI set up a Data Protection Officer (DPO) in charge the data protection, and the contact of the DPO is email@example.com, (2) HUAMI designated a representative in Europe, a professional attorney with data protection experience, and the contact of representative is firstname.lastname@example.org and (3) a procedure for conducting data protection impact assessments.
REDRESS/COMPLIANCE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Anhui Huami Information Technology Co., Ltd.
Building H8, No. 2800 Chuangxin Road, Hefei, China (230088)